Quick recipe finder Buckwheat noodles with smoked salmon and dill
Free from: wheat, gluten, egg and nut; can be dairy and soya free.
- 30ml/1fl oz olive oil
- 100g/3½oz button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 240ml/9fl oz dry white wine
- 1 heaped tbsp fresh dill, chopped (can substitute for dried)
- a handful fresh chives, chopped
- 300ml/10fl oz cream – cow, goat, soya or oat, depending on what you are able to eat
- 225g/8oz smoked salmon cut into thin matchsticks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 350g/12oz buckwheat noodles
Heat the oil in a wide pan and gently fry the mushrooms for 4 – 5 minutes; do not let them colour.
Add the wine, increase the heat and cook quickly for a further five minutes to reduce the wine.
Add the herbs and the cream, mix thoroughly, then add the salmon and reheat gently but do not boil.
Season to taste with sea salt, pepper and lemon juice. Cover, set aside and keep just warm.
Cook the noodles in plenty of boiling, slightly salted water until there are just al dente, about 4-8 minutes depending on the variety. Drain and rinse thoroughly with boiling water.
Turn the pasta into a warmed serving dish and gently mix in the salmon sauce before serving.