Quick recipe finder Bruschetta with chicken livers in red wine sauce
- sourdough bread (couple of slices per person)
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 chicken livers, green bile removed
- milk, for soaking the chicken livers-enough to cover them
- flour– enough to coat the livers
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp tomato purée
- splash of red wine
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 medium shallots, finely diced
- 30g/1oz butter
- large sprig thyme
- 2 tbsp beef stock
Soak the chicken livers in the milk overnight. Remove them from the milk, then coat them with flour and fry in some melted butter.
Add the finely chopped shallots and garlic and some thyme and toss to mix.
Add a splash of red wine, ½ tsp tomato purée, 2 tbsp stock and the balsamic vinegar.
Rub two slices of bread with some garlic and grill. Serve with the chicken livers and garnish with some more thyme.
Spanish tomato bread