Quick recipe finder Broad beans with pata negra ham
- 120g/4½oz baby broad beans, pods removed (podded weight)
- 55g/2oz very finely sliced pata negra or similar high-quality Spanish cured ham, torn (the slices will be so thin that it should result in small shavings of ham)
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- splash sherry vinegar
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the podded broad beans in a pan of boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Drain well, then refresh in cold water. When cool enough to handle, peel away the outer membranes.
In a bowl, mix together the cooked broad beans, pieces of pata negra ham and chopped garlic until well combined.
Drizzle over the olive oil and a splash of sherry vinegar, then season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir well. (NB: Remember that the cured ham will be salty.) Serve immediately.
This recipe is from…
What to Eat Now
Recipes from this episode