Quick recipe finder Bresaola salad
The tender, air-dried beef makes this simple salad satisfying enough to have as a main course.
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, left whole and pierced with a knife
For the salad
- 2 gem lettuce, leaves separated
- small handful wild rocket
- 100g/3½oz radishes, sliced
- 20 black olives
- 2 free-range eggs, hard-boiled and quartered
- 80g/3oz bresaola, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp finely shaved fresh parmesan, to serve
Remove the crusts from the bread and slice into small triangles. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the bread and fry on both sides until golden-brown. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
Meanwhile make the dressing. Combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk together with a fork until you obtain a creamy consistency. Remove the garlic clove from the dressing.
Arrange the lettuce leaves, rocket, radishes and olives on a serving dish, pour over the dressing and toss well. Arrange the eggs, bresaola and fried bread in the dish and scatter over the parmesan shavings.
This recipe is from…
Two Greedy Italians
3. The Alps and Arrangiarsi
Recipes from this episode