Quick recipe finder Breakfast burrito
- 6 free-range eggs
- 6 tbsp milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 red peppers, roasted and skinned, chopped
- 6 Peppadew peppers, finely chopped
- small handful baby spinach leaves
- 4 soft corn or flour tortillas, heated according to packet instructions
- 100g/3½oz mature cheddar cheese, grated
- ready-made hot pepper sauce, to serve
Place the eggs and milk into a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Whisk together until combined.
In a non-stick frying pan, melt the butter until it begins to foam, then add the egg mixture.
Cook the eggs without stirring, until just beginning to set, then push the egg gently towards the centre of the pan with a spatula.
Continue doing this until the egg mixture has just set then turn the mixture over and remove from the heat.
Place the roasted red peppers, chopped Peppadew peppers and spinach into a bowl and mix well.
To serve, place a warmed tortilla onto each plate. Line the edge of each tortilla with the grated cheese and top with the pepper and spinach mixture. Add one or two spoonfuls of the eggs, then roll up the tortillas like cigars.
Serve with a hot pepper sauce of your choice.
How to make steak and ale pie