Quick recipe finder Black bean, cavolo nero and beef stir fry
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 x 300g/10½oz beef fillet, finely sliced
- 200g/7oz cavolo nero leaves, washed and trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 3cm/1¼in piece ginger, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, flesh finely chopped
- 3 tbsp black bean sauce
- 3 tbsp hot beef stock
- 220g/8oz long grain rice, cooked according to packet instructions, to serve
Heat a wok over a high heat until hot. Add one tablespoon of the vegetable oil, then add the beef slices and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, or until the beef slices have browned on the outside. Transfer the beef slices to a sieve suspended over a bowl and set aside.
Return the wok to the heat, add the remaining vegetable oil, then add the cavolo nero leaves. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes, or until wilted.
Add the sliced garlic, ginger and chilli and stir fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
Add the black bean sauce and hot beef stock, stir well to coat the ingredients, then simmer the mixture over a high heat for 1-2 minutes.
Return the beef slices to the pan until heated through.
To serve, spoon the rice into the centre of four serving plates. Spoon over the stir fry and serve immediately.
This recipe is from…
Saturday Kitchen Best Bites
Recipes from this episode