Quick recipe finder Barbecue sweetcorn with smoked chilli garlic butter
BBQ corn on the cob with a smoky anchovy-spiked chilli sauce – finger licking good.
Equipment and preparation: You will need a barbecue for this recipe.
- 12 sweetcorn cobs
For the smoked chilli garlic butter
- 225g/8oz unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs, such as coriander or parsley
- 2 anchovies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped shallot
- 4 tbsp smoked barbecue sauce (or smoked ketchup )
- 2 sliced smoked chipotle chillies, or fresh chillies
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
Preheat the barbecue to hot. Barbecue the corn until cooked through.
For the smoked chilli garlic butter, place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend for 30 seconds, or until the mixture is shiny and smooth.
Turn into a bowl and reserve.
To serve, top the corn with a spoonful of the soft butter, and serve immediately.
Barbecue belly pork
Sweet potato gumbo with cornbread muffins
This recipe is from…
Chefs: Put Your Menu Where Your Mouth Is
14. Brighton Food and Drink Festival
Recipes from this episode