Quick recipe finder Apricot and white chocolate tiramisu
- 3 free-range eggs, separated
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 100ml/3½fl oz double cream, softly whipped
- 125g/4½oz mascarpone
- 150ml/5½fl oz apricot juice (from the canned apricots below)
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 4 ready-made sponge fingers
- 2 canned apricots, chopped
- 2 tbsp grated white chocolate
- 1 tsp grated orange zest, to garnish
Place the egg yolks and icing sugar into a large bowl and whisk with an electric hand whisk until pale and frothy.
Add the softly whipped cream and mascarpone and stir well. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed. Fold into the cream mixture.
Place the apricot juice, lemon zest and juice and white wine into a small pan and simmer for six minutes, or until reduced to a syrup. Leave to cool slightly.
Dip the sponge fingers into the apricot syrup, then place into the base of a chefs’ ring on a serving plate.
Spoon the chopped apricots on top of the sponge fingers. Top with the cream mixture.
To serve, remove the chefs’ ring. Decorate the top of the tiramisu with grated white chocolate and orange zest.
This recipe is from…
Ready Steady Cook
Recipes from this episode