Quick recipe finder Apple and raisin chutney
A fruity chutney which goes well with cold or hot pork and serve with cheeses at the end of a meal.
- 1.8kg/4lb apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 900ml/1½ pint vinegar (cider or malt)
- 450g/1lb raisins
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp salt
- 900g/2lb soft brown sugar
Bring the apples, onions, garlic, lemon juice, mustard seed and 590ml/1 pint of vinegar to the boil.
Simmer for 1 hour.
Add the raisins, ginger, salt, sugar and the rest of the vinegar.
Simmer until thick.
Pour into clean, hot jam jars and cover as usual. Store for 6-8 weeks to allow the flavours to develop.
Tomato and apple chutney