Quick recipe finder Puff pastry treats
So simple and yet perfect as party food. There is no effort involved.
- 2 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- 100g/3½oz pesto
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 40 fine asparagus spears
- 125g/4oz parmesan cheese, or similar vegetarian hard cheese, coarsely grated
- virgin olive oil, to sprinkle
- rock salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and grease two baking sheets.
Roll out each piece of pastry on a flat surface and cut each one into 5cm/2in square pieces – ending up with about 40 squares. Place the squares on two large, greased baking sheets about 2.5cm/1in apart to allow for the pastry to puff up.
Place ½ tsp pesto in the middle of each square and place half a cherry tomato on top.
Top with a little more pesto and lay across an asparagus spear.
Sprinkle a little grated parmesan and a little olive oil over each one.
Season well and bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the cheese has melted.
Tandoori chicken party skewers