Quick recipe finder Masala Machchi
For the batter
- 1 tbsp ginger or garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder or crushed black pepper
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp mango powder
- ½ tsp ajwain seeds (optional)
- 100g/4½oz chickpea or gram flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 drop orange colour (optional)
- 120ml/4¼fl oz sparkling water
- oil in a wok to deep fry
- 1 tsp chaat masala
For the cucumber and tomato salad
- 1 small cucumber thick sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- ½ medium red onion, peeled and sliced
- 10 sprigs of coriander leaves
For the dressing
- sea salt to taste
- pinch freshly ground black pepper or red chilli powder
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp salad oil or olive oil
Marinate the fish with lime juice and salt and keep aside for 20 minutes.
Mix all the batter ingredients in a bowl until it’s a smooth, runny liquid. with the sparkling water.
Wipe the fish with kitchen paper or towel to remove excess moisture.
Marinate the fish in the batter for further ten minutes.
Heat oil in the wok and fry the fillets over medium heat until crisp.
Remove, place on kitchen towel and sprinkle with chaat masala powder.
To make the salad mix all the salad ingredients together.
Mix the dressing ingredients together, and toss the salad in the dressing.
Serve the crisp fried fish on the salad.
Simple cod gratin with béarnaise sauce topping
This recipe is from…
Saturday Kitchen Best Bites
Recipes from this episode