Quick recipe finder Maru’s spiced salsa
This fresh, crunchy dip is easy to make and requires no cooking – it’s perfect for summer gatherings.
- 1 small carrot, peeled, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1-2 small handfuls finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 2-4 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- pinch sugar
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- pinch salt
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1 spring onion, trimmed, thinly sliced, to garnish
Put the carrot and onion in a bowl and chop to small pieces using a hand blender.
In a separate bowl, blend the tomatoes and chilli to a smooth purée.
Combine the two mixtures, then stir in the remaining ingredients, adding salt if required. You want the consistency of salsa.
Season the salsa with lemon juice and garnish with spring onion.
Spicy prawn rice with fried egg
Aubergine and walnut caviar
This recipe is from…
The Big Allotment Challenge
Recipes from this episode