Quick recipe finder Marmalade chicken
- 4 tbsp good marmalade (preferably Seville orange marmalade)
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 50ml/1¾fl oz orange juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken pieces, legs or thighs
For the garnish
Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
In a bowl, combine the marmalade, ginger, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, orange juice and olive oil and mix well.
Add the chicken and coat well.
Line a baking tin with kitchen foil and tip the chicken and its marinade into the tin.
Cover the top with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the top foil, spoon the marmalade mixture in the bottom of the pan over the chicken and bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is nicely browned (beware of burning).
Add spring onions near the end of cooking to warm through, season well, to contrast with the sweetness of the orange juice, and serve with salad or mash.
How to cook chicken in tarragon sauce