Quick recipe finder Chargrilled lamb steak with rosemary and black pepper and a feta and green bean salad
For the chargrilled lamb
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- ½ tsp black peppercorns, cracked
- 100g/3½oz lamb leg steak
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the feta and green bean salad
- 85g/3oz green beans, trimmed and blanched
- ¼ onion, peeled, finely sliced
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 55g/2oz feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp pistachio nuts
For the chargrilled lamb, heat a griddle pan until hot. Rub the rosemary and black pepper into both sides of the lamb leg steak, season with the salt and drizzle over the olive oil.
Cook the lamb on the griddle over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side (for medium), or until golden-brown all over and cooked to your liking. Remove the meat from the pan and leave to rest on a warm plate.
For the feta green bean salad, gently mix together all of the salad ingredients in a bowl.
To serve, spoon the feta and green bean salad onto a serving plate and place the lamb leg steak alongside.
This recipe is from…
Ready Steady Cook
Recipes from this episode
- Chargrilled steak with mustard and peppercorn dressing, tempura shallots and green beans and a rosti
- Chargrilled peaches with honey, yoghurt and sugar-glazed pine nuts
- Gratin of blackberries with zabaglione
- Moroccan-spiced lamb steak with couscous ‘cake’ and pomegranate
- Plaice fillets with nut-brown caper butter
- Rainbow citrus couscous
- Roasted plaice fillets with creamed garlic cabbage, sautéed potatoes and sauce vierge
- Steak Diane with oven chips, wild rocket and tomatoes
- Open-faced steak sandwich with tomato salsa