Quick recipe finder Carrot and ginger crevasse cake with avalanche sauce
For the crevasse cake
- 115g/4oz self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 115g/4oz butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 115g/4oz caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp grated carrot
- ½ orange, zest only
For the avalanche sauce
For the crevasse cake, butter and lightly flour a small microwave-proof bowl. Place the flour, butter and eggs into a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Add the eggs and process until combined. Stir in the grated ginger, carrot and orange zest and then spoon into the prepared bowl.
Cover with cling film and microwave on high for four and a half minutes. Remove the cling film and turn out onto a serving plate.
For the avalanche sauce, squeeze the orange juice into a small pan, add the white wine and caster sugar and simmer for five minutes, or until syrupy.
To serve, pour the avalanche sauce over the pudding and place a dollop of Greek-style yoghurt on top.
Dry curry of cabbage, carrot and coconut (Thoran)
This recipe is from…
Ready Steady Cook
Recipes from this episode
- Chargrilled salmon with creamed garlic peas and a balsamic reduction
- Chicken with spiced carrot purée, green bean salad and orange, cardamom and vanilla dressing
- Honey-seared chicken with carrot and ginger fried noodles
- Hot, sweet and sour strawberries with vanilla cream
- Poached nectarine in vanilla and red wine topped with lemon posset