Quick recipe finder Caramel plum muffin
For the caramelised plums
For the muffin
- 150g/5½oz butter
- 150g/5½oz caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 150g/5½oz self-raising flour
- spash milk
- 200ml/7½fl oz double cream, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
For the caramelised plums, heat the sugar and water in a saucepan over a gentle heat until dissolved and bubbling. Boil for 8-10 minutes, or until the sugar has melted and formed a dark caramel.
Add the plums to the mixture and stir until completely coated in the caramel. Transfer the mixture to a small ovenproof dish.
For the muffin, cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy, then gradually beat in the eggs. Fold in the flour, adding a splash of milk, if necessary, to loosen the mixture.
Spoon the muffin batter onto the caramelised plums and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the muffin has risen and is golden-brown and a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
This recipe is from…
Ready Steady Cook
Recipes from this episode
- Braised sea bass with leeks and mushrooms
- Chilli lamb kebabs with spiced roasted carrots
- Creamed spinach with nutmeg and garlic
- Fried sea bass with poached leeks, pesto and tomato sauce
- Gruyère stuffed veal escalope with red wine sauce
- Pan-fried veal with creamy wild mushrooms and cavolo nero
- Potato, veal and cavolo nero stew
- Sea bass with pesto dressing
- Spice-crusted lamb chop with fondant potatoes
- Sweet potato, carrot top and coriander soup