Quick recipe finder Butternut gnocchi with sage butter
For the gnocchi
- 100g/3½oz walnuts
- 200g/7oz plain flour, plus extra for coating
- 300g/10½oz butternut squash, peeled, deseeded, chopped, cooked and drained
For the sage butter
- 100g/3½oz unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp sage leaves, plus extra to garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
To make the gnocchi, place the walnuts in a food processor and blend. Add the flour and cooked butternut squash and blend together.
Divide the mixture into 4 and toss in plain flour. Roll each into a long, thin sausage, then chop into 2.5cm/1in pieces. Toss again in flour to coat, then drop into a pan of boiling water.
After a minute the gnocchi should float to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
To make the sage butter, melt the butter in a frying pan, then add the sage leaves. Fry for a minute to infuse, then add the gnocchi and toss together.
Serve the gnocchi in a warm bowl and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.