Quick recipe finder Braised Savoy cabbage with bacon
The humble cabbage is elevated to new heights of deliciousness – cooked in wine and cream with salty bacon.
- 1 Savoy cabbage, cored and shredded
- 110g/4oz smoked streaky bacon, derinded and chopped
- 55g/2oz butter
- 85ml/3fl oz dry white wine
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add the cabbage and mix all together. Add the wine and season well. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes until the cabbage is tender.
Stir in the fennel seeds, parsley and crème fraîche and serve.
Pancetta-baked eggs with a minted pea and feta salad
Quick sausage casserole with Savoy cabbage pesto