Quick recipe finder Bauble and squeak
Feel free to vary the ingredients in this Boxing Day bubble and squeak. This is awfully good with a little chutney.
- 50g/2oz butter
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 6 juniper berries
- 200g/7oz leftover goose, torn into pieces
- 200g/7oz leftover ham, torn into pieces
- 200g/7oz leftover roast pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 100g/3½oz leftover stuffing
- 8 leftover roast potatoes, cut into chunks
- 5 rashers leftover bacon, chopped into large pieces
- 6-8 raw Brussels sprouts, halved
Melt the butter in a large pan and fry the red onion until softened.
Crush the juniper with a mortar and pestle and add to the onions.
When the onions are browning, stir in the remaining ingredients. With a fork, mash the potatoes and pumpkin, distributing it evenly to bind the meat.
Add the Brussels sprouts and cook through for 15 minutes, adding more butter if needed. (If you only have leftover cooked Brussels, you can add these, but cook for about five minutes.)
How to make pea and ham soup
This recipe is from…
Nigel Slater’s 12 Tastes of Christmas
Recipes from this episode
- Salmon Wellington
- Spiced caramelised pecans
- Salmon and roasted garlic cream
- Mulled lamb
- Ginger biscuits
- Festive fruit salad with brandy snap
- Stilton puffs
- Ginger fizz
- Gammon with treacle bacon crust
- Roast goose with chickpea and lemon stuffing
- Marzipan berry cakes
- Sticky cranberry sausages
- Porcini nut patties