Quick recipe finder Baked courgette with parmesan
This super-simple supper is a delicious take on soufflé. It can be made without the bacon for a tasty vegetarian tea.
- dash vegetable oil, for greasing
- 1 medium courgette, trimmed, grated
- 1 rasher cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp plain yoghurt
- 25g/1oz feta
- 1 heaped tbsp grated parmesan
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 2 tomatoes, sliced, to serve (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
Grease an ovenproof dish with a little oil using a pastry brush. Add the grated courgette, then scatter over the chopped bacon.
In a bowl, mix together the plain yoghurt, feta, parmesan and ground black pepper until well combined. Stir in the beaten egg until well combined.
Pour the egg-and-yoghurt mixture on top of the courgette and bacon mixture. Transfer the dish to the oven and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the egg-and-yoghurt mixture has set and is golden-brown on top.
Remove the dish from the oven and set aside to cool slightly. Serve with the sliced tomatoes, if desired.
Cauliflower couscous with kale and feta fritters and tomato chutney
This recipe is from…
I Can Cook
22. Baked Courgette with Parmesan