Quick recipe finder Baked bean soup
This quick, tasty soup is full of flavour and packed with hidden vegetables – perfect for the kids’ tea time.
- 60g/2½ canned borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 celery stalk, trimmed, chopped
- 1 spring onion, trimmed, sliced
- 50g/2oz cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 25g/1oz tomato purée
- pinch stock or bouillon powder
- 250ml/9fl oz water
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
Spoon the borlotti beans into a lidded ovenproof dish and squash with the back of a spoon to loosen the skins. Add the celery, spring onion, bacon pieces and garlic. Stir in the chilli flakes and the tomato purée.
Pour over the water, add the stock powder or bouillon and stir again until well combined. Cover the dish with the lid.
Transfer the dish to the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the soup has thickened. Stir well before serving in soup bowls with bread and butter on the side, if desired.
Herbed tuna carpaccio with pickled cucumber and bean salad
How to make pea and ham soup
This recipe is from…
I Can Cook
13. Baked Bean Soup