Quick recipe finder Bagna cauda
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- 150g/5½oz anchovy fillets in olive oil, chopped
- 200g/7oz tinned flageolet beans, drained
- 150ml/¼ pint vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 2 slices crusty white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a medium saucepan, add the red onion and anchovy fillets and sauté for three minutes.
Add the beans and vegetable stock and cook for two minutes. Stir in the double cream and heat for one minute.
Remove from the heat and blend with a hand blender until smooth. Set aside.
To make the croutons, roll the cubed bread in two tablespoons olive oil, season well and fry for three minutes or until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
To serve, pour the hot soup into a bowl and sprinkle over the croutons and chopped parsley.