Quick recipe finder Bacon, sausage and black pudding pilaff
- Up to 250g/9oz streaky bacon, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- up to 250g/9oz cooked sausages, roughly chopped
- up to 250g/9oz piece butcher’s black pudding, chopped roughly or crumbled
- 500g/1lb2oz cooked basmati or other long grain rice
- salt, freshly ground black pepper
In a large pan gently fry the bacon until starting to crisp a little. Add the onion and sweat until soft, golden and translucent. Add the sausage pieces and black pudding and turn up the heat a little so they both crisp up and the onions start to take a little colour (you can burn them brown, but don’t burn them black).
Throw in the rice and heat through, tossing the pan occasionally until everything is well mixed and nicely hot. Taste and season as you like with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve at once.
Great sausage casserole
Chicken and chorizo rice