Quick recipe finder Baby courgettes and chanterelle mushrooms with basil
- large handful fresh chanterelle mushrooms, washed and cleaned to remove any grit, stalks removed, roughly torn
- 5 baby courgettes, trimmed, sliced lengthways into thin strips
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- large pinch sea salt flakes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, mix together the chanterelle mushrooms and courgette strips until well combined. Drizzle over two tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt, then stir until the vegetables are completely coated in the oil.
Heat a frying pan over a high heat. When the pan is smoking, add the courgettes, mushrooms and any remaining oil and fry for 6-8 minutes, without stirring, or until the water from the vegetables has evaporated and the vegetables have softened and are golden-brown. (NB: If the vegetables start to stick to the bottom of the pan, shake the pan occasionally during cooking.)
When the courgettes and mushrooms are cooked, remove the pan from the heat and add the chopped garlic. Season, to taste, with freshly ground black pepper.
To serve, transfer the pan contents to a soup bowl. Drizzle over the remaining olive oil and the lemon juice, then sprinkle over the basil.
Pan-fried lambs’ kidneys on toast
This recipe is from…
What to Eat Now
Recipes from this episode