Quick recipe finder Aromatic Thai green chicken and autumn vegetable curry
Thai-flavoured chicken thighs and chunky vegetables, served with rice and lightly fried flatbread.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2cm/1in piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 8 chicken thighs, skin removed, boned and cut into 3cm/1¼in chunks
- 100g/3½oz Thai green curry paste
- ½ butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and cut into 3cm/1¼in chunks
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3cm/1¼in chunks
- 1 small aubergine, end removed and cut into 3cm/1¼in chunks
- 1 courgette cut into 3cm/1¼in chunks
- 200ml/7fl oz coconut milk
- 200ml/7fl oz chicken stock
- 100ml/3½fl oz double cream
- 100g/3½oz fine green beans cut into 2cm/1in lengths
For the rice
- 400g/14oz basmati rice
For the griddled flatbread
- 400g/14oz plain flour
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- splash of warm water to bind mix
For the garnish
Heat a large frying pan and, once hot, add the oil and then the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for four minutes, then add the chicken thighs and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Stir in the Thai curry paste and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
Add the squash, sweet potato, aubergine and courgette. Stir, then add the coconut milk and chicken stock.
Cook for 15 minutes, then add the cream and beans. Cook for further 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the rice in a large saucepan and cook to packet instructions.
For the flatbread, place the flour, salt and oil in a large bowl and add enough water to bring it together to form a dough. Knead until smooth then divide into four balls.
Flour a work surface and roll out each ball into a large circle.
Heat a griddle or frying pan and add the oil. One at a time, place each flatbread into the pan and cook on both sides for a few minutes.
To serve, place the rice on serving plates topped with the curry. Place the bread on the side and garnish with fresh coriander and spring onions.
Thai chicken curry
Thai green curry
This recipe is from…
Chefs: Put Your Menu Where Your Mouth Is
9. Goldsmiths University
Recipes from this episode
- Beer-splashed jerk chicken with chargrilled sweetcorn and herby rice
- Hot chocolate brownie, chocolate sauce, whipped mint cream and honeycomb
- Spicy bean cakes with mango salsa and crispy potato wedges
- Cocoa cinnamon bread and butter pudding with butterscotch pears, Chantilly cream and a warm chocolate sauce
- Penne pasta with tomato fondant and roasted vegetables