Quick recipe finder Anchoïade with crudites
- 50ml/2fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 110ml/4fl oz white wine
- 60g/2½oz white anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 free-range egg yolk
- 110ml/4fl oz double cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- selection of washed raw vegetables: celery, carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, radishes, strips of fennel, strips of peppers, cherry tomatoes on sticks, etc.
Heat a frying pan until hot, then add the olive oil, garlic and shallots. Cook for 1-2 minutes, to soften but not brown.
Add the anchovies and the wine and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, until the wine has reduced by half and the anchovies start to break down.
Transfer the anchovy mixture to a food processor, add the egg yolk and cream and blend to a paste.
Season with black pepper (the anchovies should make the dish salty enough) and pour into a serving bowl.
Serve immediately with a selection of washed raw vegetables for dipping.
Picnic crudite loaf
This recipe is from…
Saturday Kitchen Best Bites
191. Saturday Kitchen Best Bites
Recipes from this episode
- Grilled bananas with rosemary, toffee sauce and instant ice cream
- Rosemary and garlic salt baked lamb shank
- Pork tenderloin with pease pudding and baby carrots
- Fillet of venison and wild mushroom sauce
- Kippers cooked in a jug with cider and lime butter
- Grilled mackerel fillets with yoghurt kadhi and curry leaf spinach poriyal