Quick recipe finder Almond crusted lemon sole
- 55g/2oz breadcrumbs
- 55g/2oz flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp plain flour, mixed with a pinch of salt
- 1 free-range egg, beaten with 1 tbsp water
- 1 lemon sole fillet, skin removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15g/½oz butter
Blend the breadcrumbs and almonds in a food processor until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the mixture onto a plate.
Sprinkle the flour onto a separate plate. Pour the beaten egg into a bowl. Dredge the fish first in the flour, then dip it into the beaten egg and water, and finally roll it in the breadcrumb and almond mixture.
Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the coated fish for 4-6 minutes, or until golden-brown and crisp on both sides and cooked through.
Serve the lemon sole with lemon wedges and tomato ketchup.
This recipe is from…
Ready Steady Cook
Recipes from this episode
- Chilli spinach soup
- Aromatic sweet potato crème brûlée
- Caramelised mango wedges
- Lemon sole with almond butter sauce
- Poppadum-crusted chicken breast with turmeric rice
- Sautéed chicken breast with chilli, tomato and herb stew
- Spicy kale with tomato and onion
- Spicy mustard crusted lamb chops with garlicky kale
- Spinach and poppadum millefeuille