Quick recipe finder Tomato and chilli jam
- 1 x 400g/14oz can plum tomatoes
- 4 red chillies, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 7cm/3in piece fresh ginger, peeled, chopped
- 3 tbsp fish sauce (nam pla)
- 120ml/4fl oz red wine vinegar
- 375g/13oz soft light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 70g/2½oz raisins
- 400g/14oz fresh tomatoes, chopped
Place the canned tomatoes, chilli, garlic, ginger and fish sauce into a food processor and blend until smooth.
Place the tomato sauce into a non-reactive pan over a medium heat and add the vinegar, sugar, cardamom pods and raisins. Bring to the boil then add the chopped fresh tomatoes. Reduce the heat and simmer for 45-55 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened to a chutney or jam-like consistency.
Transfer to sterilised jars and seal until ready to use. The jam should keep for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.
How to make jam